Arts, Outdoors, and Shopping – Oh My!
May 24, 2017
As the days and weeks continue to warm up, enhancing the natural, scenic beauty of Fish Creek…it’s time to seriously consider your next visit. And there’s plenty to consider! Fish Creek is a community with so much to offer – from rich culture and arts to serene landscapes and unique shopping places. It’s rare to find a mediocre moment in this Door County hotspot.
Fish Creek Arts & Culture
Even in a location as special as the Door Peninsula, it’s tough to imagine a better place to see, create, and experience art than in Fish Creek.
- Hands on Art Studio - Stop in every Friday evening between 6:30pm and 10pm for Adult Art Night. Refreshments and snacks are available. BYOB – ages 21 and older.
- Peninsula School of Art – Registration is now open for 2018 Youth and Adult Workshops. Click for more information.
- Door Community Auditorium –2018 season lineup is here. Tickets on sale now!
- Northern Sky Theater – It’s another exciting season for the best original musical comedy performers around. Upcoming highlights include the return of Victory Farm and the all-new Oklahoma in Wisconsin.
- Peninsula Players – Experience the magic of outdoor live theatre, and catch a performance by Peninsula Players. Tickets for the 2018 season are now on sale.
Outdoor Fun & Exciting Races
Get out on the water, hike or stroll through a park, or compete in an upcoming Door County race event. Fish Creek offers all of these outdoor adventures and more!
- Boat, Canoe, or Kayak – Rent a canoe or kayak, embark on a boat tour, or book a fishing charter. All of these options await you in our humble lakeside community.
- Visit the Parks – Take a walk in the woods or along the shore of Lake Michigan with a visit to nearby Peninsula State Park or local Fish Creek Park. There’s plenty of natural scenery to discover and enjoy.
- Participate in the Races – There are many great events in the area to train for this summer, including the Hairpin 5K Run (July 4) and Door County Triathlon (July 14-15). Find more Door County Races here.
Shopping in Fish Creek
Fish Creek, WI has a charming selection of locally owned and operated stores throughout our walkable town. Discover an unparalleled personal retail experience!
- Local Art & Artisans – Come view local paintings, photography, jewelry, and much more – inspired by our rich on-the-lake culture. It’s not easy to find art this unique anywhere else.
- Specialty Food, Markets, & Wineries – Find a variety of delicious specialty food items at local Fish Creek markets and shops, and swing by our many eclectic drinking establishments and wineries for a relaxing evening on the town.
- Gifts and Home Décor – Peruse the shelves and baskets of our many boutique shops and local stores. Here, you’ll find creative gift ideas and home décor to add a touch of Fish Creek to your home, sharing our culture with family and friends for years to come.
When Will You Visit Next?
Come experience the vibrant, timeless culture of Fish Creek, located in the heart of Door County. Be sure to stop by our recently updated Fish Creek Visitor Information Center for more recommendations, directions, and more. You can also visit our website, where you’ll find everything you need to plan your next vacation. See you soon!