Door County Half Marathon, May 4 Saturday, May 4, 2013
The entire course of this wildly popular half marathon is set on the traffic-free, paved surfaces of beautiful Peninsula State Park. U.S. Track and Field certified, the race winds through the park, giving runners breathtaking views of the water, shaded areas through the woods, and challenging hills through one of Wisconsin's most beautiful parks. The race starts and finishes near Nicolet Beach.
For those runners not quite up for the challenge of 13+ miles, the Nicolet Bay 5k begins after the start of the half marathon. The race runs past Eagle Bluff Lighthouse and Welcker's Point, finishing at the same finish line as the half marathon.
The main entrance to Peninsula State Park is located in downtown Fish Creek. Stay in Fish Creek and be close to everything. Find your place to stay in Fish Creek
For registration and further information, visit doorcountyhalfmarathon.com
Concerts in the Park
Fish Creek’s summer concerts can be heard on Tuesday afternoons at 2:30pm at the Noble Square Park from mid-June to mid-August. Grab a chair or a blanket, get cozy and enjoy the vast variety of entertainment! These concerts are free and offer an opportunity to relax and enjoy the scenery of Fish Creek. Music ranges from blues, classical, jazz and more. This family fun experience allows for music lovers to see the wide talent that surrounds our peninsula.
2013 Concert Series Schedule (All concerts begin at 2:30pm)
June 18 - Jeanne Kuhns & Small Forest (Bluesy Folk & Pop)
June 25 - Katie Dahl (Singer/Songwriter)
July 9 - American Folklore Theater (Folk)
July 16 - Birch Creek Percussion & Steel Band Faculty Concert (Birch Creek Music Center Faculty)
July 23 - Talk of the Town (Swing/ Dixeland style Jazz)
July 30 - Birch Creek Ambassadors Jazz Students (Jazz)
August 6 - Mighty Mouth (Hot Local Blues Band)
August 13 - Birch Creek Ambassadors Jazz Students (Jazz)
Summer Festival & Fireworks, July 6
Celebrate our country’s Independence on the picturesque waterfront of Fish Creek. Clark Park is the stage for the Fish Creek Summer Festival and Fireworks on Saturday, July 6. It's good old-fashined fun for the entire family - all day and night. Festivities begin at noon and culminate with a spectacular fireworks display over the bay at 10pm.
Tentative Schedule is as follows:
Beginning at noon..
Beginning at 3pm...
- Tasty Summer Treats - all proceeds from concessions benefit our local non-profits! Enjoy hot dogs, hamburgers, corn-on-the-cob, cotton candy, fresh squeezed lemonade, ice cream bars and more.
- Cold Beer on Tap - our friendly folks will be serving soda and water as well.
- Live DJ - bring a blanket and chill on the grass while listening to fun summer tunes by Steve Sherman.
- Dunk Tank - back by popular demand! Try your hand at soaking some of Fish Creek's "characters."
- Summer Fest 50/50 Raffle - throughout the day - great cash prizes awarded.
- T-Shirts for Sale - Grab your Summer Fest Gibby wear while they're hot!
Heating up the night...
- Old-Time Games for the Kids - sack races, water balloon toss, three-legged race, tug-of-war and more.
- Cherry Pie-Eating Contest - sloppy fun for all ages. Sponsored by Sweetie Pies in Fish Creek.
- Live Music by Big Mouth and the Power Tool Horns (6-10pm) - It's always a rockin' good time when the local favorite Big Mouth hits the stage.
- Venetian Boat Parade (8pm) - Prepare to be dazzled as boats in the marinas and the harbor light up the night sky in this festive, "new and improved" boat parade. ATTENTION BOATERS - registration forms coming soon.
- FIREWORKS (10pm) - Our town may be small, but our fireworks are not. Grab your blankets, find a spot by the water and get ready for a spectacular fireworks display over the bay.
Come celebrate "The 4th" with us!
Plein Air Festival, July 22-27 July 22-27, 2013
Hosted by the Peninsula School of Art in Fish Creek, this is the largest outdoor painting festival of its kind in the Midwest. Nationally recognized artists from around the country can be seen creating their paintings throughout Fish Creek, capturing the diverse beauty of Door County during the fifth annual Door County Plein Air Festival. Both public and private ticketed happenings bring featured artists together with art appreciators.
For further information, visit http://www.doorcountypleinair.com